Friday, January 7, 2011

I'm a meanie :o/

Today I am irritated. At myself mostly. I just want to be a better version of myself and yet I am feeling like there are so many things I need to change that I don't even know where to begin.
And I'm also irritated at myself being irritated. I had a friend call today and complain about some things that are so minor. This happens a lot. I don't mind listening to her problems, but there are days, like today, when I want to stop her and say "Is it my turn now?" I know everyone is dealing with something. We are all just trying to live life, right? We all have day-to-day struggles. But not this girl, she thinks she has minute-to-minute struggles. And if she could step back and look at the big picture, she would see that everything she worries about is small stuff. And little to none of it warrants a phone call or conversation about whether this person should worry about it. And yet it happens over and over and over again. And I'm irritated that I feel like a bad friend for finding this behavior so annoying lately. I guess its just because I have so many more responsibilities lately. And the fact that I want to surround myself with people who help me be the best version of me. And I'm starting to doubt that she is really one of those people.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you want to surround yourself with positive people. Sounds like she might not be one of them.

    Visiting from SITS today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that right if u want to be positive u need positive friends.Think of yourself for once.

    ReplyDelete