Thursday, January 6, 2011

The year ahead for me

If you asked me today, which you didn't, but I'm going to answer anyway, 2011 feels like it will be one of the hardest years I've ever had.

My mother in law has to have chemo for ovarian cancer. She is scared but putting on a brave face. I am also scared and want to be the best daughter I can be. We have one of those unheard of close relationships. I have no doubt that she will get through this, but it is difficult to deal with the heavy realities that dealing with any major illness brings on. Her surgery was very successful. They removed a volleyball sized mass from her ovary (they did a complete hysterectomy) and feel they got everything. So the chemo is pretty much a preventative measure they are taking. We are blessed to have such a wonderful prognosis. But the bottom line here is that she still has to go through the fight of her life and we have to stay strong and support her through it all. I just hope I am able to keep it together for her and for my husband. Right now I'm not so sure I can.

On a more positive note, I've made a few goals for this year. I think I will leave them to another post - there is much to get finished today and if I keep typing it will never get done!



No comments:

Post a Comment