Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Swing Vote - Review

We rented the movie Swing Vote over the weekend starring Kevin Costner (among other notables) who plays a drunken idiot (Bud) with the power to choose the fate of the American nation. Yes, the election comes down to a single man's vote. And yes it could happen, though it is extremely unlikely. The portrayal of the two party's candidates had the hubs and I chuckling. And the sheer fact that both candidates would do whatever it takes to win this vote really drove the message home. They would sell their first born to be elected. As they switch political sides both seem to realize that this is not what they stand for (how novel!) and Bud realizes that he needs to be a better father and a better (and informed) American. I'd give it 3.5/5 stars. Its not fair that Bud was a drunk and neglectful father to such a wonderful and intelligent little girl, but I don't believe that was the point this movie was driving at.

1 comment:

  1. I thought that movie looked interesting, I didn't realize it was out yet. I may need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete