Monday, November 8, 2010

Staying Positive

Last week was rough. I was sick and then I had to do field work in 50 degree weather and pouring rain. I was exhausted and soaked to the bone. I worked really hard! I feel like I should be super happy with myself for all that effort and planning I did to make the job a successful one. Instead I am dwelling on the negatives - not just the weather but the attitudes and energies possessed by some of the people I had to be around. They REALLY affected me to my core. It has taken the entire weekend to really recover and I am still emotionally exhausted. Mostly because now I need to gear up for MORE work this week and a big trip next week. I'm not looking forward to it at all. And it really gets me down since this is the kind of work I've always thought I would enjoy. I LOVE being outdoors! I love tromping through creeks and mud. So why can't I shake these negative feelings? And how do I overcome them?

No comments:

Post a Comment