Monday, March 16, 2009

My contribution to the family St. Patty's Day bash

My (wonderful!) mother-in-law cooked us a lovely St. Patrick's Day meal on Saturday. She has an eye for decorations and made the centerpieces (as she has ever since my husband was little). I'm picking up on this a little at a time, but I wanted to show you how cute her decorations were.
First, she made these centerpieces. See the little leprechaun?The other centerpiece did not have a leprechaun. We were told that he was "hiding" in the "tiny leprechaun trees" (AKA broccoli) and if we were lucky we might see him. I wasn't lucky enough to spot the other leprechaun, but I did get my own wee pot-o-gold!
The hubs even won $20 on his lotto ticket! Funny, the men at the party all won something, but not the women. We just got to clean up after!
For dinner MIL made corned beef, cabbage, carrot pennies, fresh green beans, scalloped potatoes, broccoli with optional cheese sauce (YES please!) and rainbow jello. I told you she always goes all out! And what was dessert you ask? My Gramma made my favorite pistachio dessert (with pudding, cool whip, pineapple, and mini marshmallows) and MIL brought THREE pies and an ice cream cake.
My *small* contribution (besides providing the house and helping with the cooking...don't want to sound like I did nothing) was making chocolate covered strawberries. Yum! So we had a wonderful feast on Saturday to celebrate. Did you do anything fun for St. Patty's? And just for the record, my MIL's motto: Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Love the little leprechaun! I made a St. Paddy days meal last week, but thinking of doing an Irish stew tomorrow too, and some Irish soda bread. Your strawberries look wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete