Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Look what I made!


I'm doing a little dance now because I finally pulled out my sewing machine and finished my Weekender Tote. I started this bag in a class and didn't get very far. I had my "bricks" sewn together and part of the outside bag quilted. And I decided to do the most complicated programmed stitch for my quilting as well, so this took lots and lots of time. But today, I finished quilting the outside, quilted the inside, made the handles, and assembled this beauty all in one day! Yay me! I never get things done this quickly - and mind you I had to tear out one of the handles because I just didn't like the way it looked. This bag would be perfect for travel and I think it would be a cute diaper bag as well, although I don't have kiddos (yet). I might even load it up with scrapbooking/card making stuff! The possibilities are endless.
And for those who are interested, for my "bricks" I used a jellyroll called Flutterby by Moda. I love the way the colors look together! For the lining and pockets I just picked up a coordinating color and print that I thought was cute from JoAnn's (one of my favorite stores!). Now all I need to do to truly finish it is get some matte board and make a nice cover so that the bottom is sturdy. If you would like to make this bag, you can get the pattern and instruction through Quiltsillustrated. The pattern also makes a cute luggage tag and a button loop to hold the bag closed. I decided to skip both of these for now, but may go back and do the luggage tag, just in case I decide to travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment